Monday, October 1, 2012

My September

Some of you may have noticed that I was a little absent in September.  Here's what's kept me away:

at the beginning of the month, my daughter turned 12!
She loves peanut butter, so I made her a chocolate peanut butter cake.  Including the filling, it has 12 layers, which made it a little wobbley, and not super pretty.  However, if there is one thing I've learned my many years of dessert-eating, it's that sometimes {usually} the not-so-pretty desserts are tastier than the super pretty ones.  This was the case with this cake.
 It. was. awesome!
Also at the beginning of the month, we spent several hours in the mud.
Remember this post?  Well, in early September, we got a freak rain/hail storm that caused a mudslide,
 that caused several houses to flood, Damage caused by mudslides, flooding in Saratoga Springs (Courtesy City of Saratoga Springs)
that caused a massive effort to help the owners of these homes.
 
What a blessing it was that nobody was hurt, and that we could have such a great opportunity to serve.
Ammon has been playing soccer. He is so fun to watch!
Many of you also know that we have been considering a move.
We love our house, and our neighborhood, and our views, but we would love to shorten my husband's commute, and we've grown out of our little house.  In September we found a house, put an offer in, and it was accepted.  We then got to work getting our house ready to put on the market, which involved an embarrassing amount of cleaning out to get it ready.  Within a week of putting our house on the market, it was under contract with the buyers wanting to be in by October 15th.  So my life has become centered around finding and filling boxes, and praying that everything happens as it should.

Because my house was cleaner than it usually is, I took lots of pictures!  I'm hoping to share a few of those pictures with you this week, in a mini home tour.

I would also like to apologize for not doing a Visiting Teaching Message in September.  Fingers crossed for October.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

katie@tulsadetails said...

How exciting on your home sale! Can't wait to see pics of your new and old one!!

LynnEl Springer said...

Such a small world! My son also helped one Sunday with the clean up of all that mudslide!! I wonder if you even know the Springers out there? I live in Illinois but some of my kids (all grown) live in Utah. My son sold his house too, in Sugar House, in 6 days! Houses are really moving again! Congratulations!

LynnEl in Illinois

Laney said...

Excited to see pictures of the new house!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...