Friday, January 13, 2012

A Girl Can Dream

At the risk of adding to my competition, I wanted to show you all my future home.

Beautiful, right?
It's the HGTV Dream Home this year, and I'm probably going to win it.
It's about an hour away from my current house, and a little closer to my husband's work.

I love the stone in this room, and the Ikat prints.  And the Houndstooth wingbacks.
And those windows!  I love natural light.

The kitchen is beautiful, too.

Love the seperate fridge and freezer, and really love the dining chairs.  I think most of the furniture is from Ethan Allen.


My girls would fit nicely in this room...

...and the boys would like this one...

The master has some nice features like the lighting and the rug, but I might have to switch out a few items of furniture and possibly the paint...

That's it!  The reason I'm not in love with the master is that it seems to depart completely from the browns and blues that dominate the rest of the house...It's nice and all, it just doesn't seem to belong.

I really like the master bathroom, though.

...although my husband is a little worried about the windows in the shower...

Hmmm.  He has a good point.

The backyard is beautiful.

Back beyond the trees is a river.  Neat.
I'm pretty sure that I am going to win it.
But if I don't, I hope one of you do.
So I can come visit.
Just kidding.
{not really}

Have  a great weekend!

3 comments:

Susan W. said...

Congratulations in advance! It's a wonderful home and you deserve it. Forgive the deleted post -- I had to fix a typo... :}

Anonymous said...

As soon as I saw the first photo - I said "hey! I know that house."

So excited it is in Utah!

Sondra said...

LOL... wait that's gonna be my new house. giggle!Good Luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...